EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Installation of Pump Station for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Picayune Strand Restoration Project
NORWALK, CONNECTICUT, December 22, 2010 - EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME), a Fortune 500® leader in mechanical and electrical construction, energy infrastructure and facilities services for a diverse range of businesses, announced that its Harry Pepper & Associates, Inc. subsidiary has been awarded a contract for $78,862,154 for the installation of a Pump Station for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Picayune Strand Restoration Project, Faka Union Pump Station, in Collier County, Florida.
Harry Pepper & Associates will be responsible for construction and installation of all the mechanical and electrical systems for the Pump Station, which will slow the flow of water through existing canals and redistribute it. The Picayune Strand Restoration Project is part of the comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan. Scope of work for the Pump Station, which will have a total of 9 pumps, 9 bays, and a capacity of 2,650 cfs, principally consists of:
- Mechanical equipment to be provided and installed including diesel engine and electric motor driven pumps, bridge cranes, standby diesel generators, vacuum priming systems, HVAC equipment, cooling water pumps, fresh water pumps, water treatment equipment, lubricating water equipment and potable water equipment.
- Electrical and instrumentation equipment to be provided and installed including station power distribution systems, station switchgear, motor control centers, local and station programmable logic controllers to control and monitor all ancillary mechanical equipment, grounding cable system, lighting, control room operator work station with monitoring and control computers, uninterrupted power service equipment, remote terminal unit system, all supporting switches, wiring, conduits, junction boxes, etc. to interconnect with equipment for control and monitoring.
- Transformer pad and primary conduit to be provided and installed in accordance with Florida Power and Light requirements.
- Excavation, station substructure, backfill, fully enclosed buildings for the equipment, access bridges, fuel storage areas with containment and all associated equipment, sanitary facility, approach and discharge canals, retaining walls, trash racks and related civil works.
- Construction of tie-back levees, spreader berms and canal plugs.
"We're honored to have an opportunity to play a significant role in this important project," stated David Pepper, President and CEO, Harry Pepper & Associates. "We look forward to our role in the restoration of the hydrology and ecology in this beautiful part of Florida, helping to generate positive effects on the vegetation and wildlife in the immediate area and surrounding public lands for years to come."
About EMCOR Group, Inc.
A Fortune 500 company with estimated 2010 revenues of $5.0 billion, EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a global leader in mechanical and electrical construction, energy infrastructure, and facilities services. A leading provider of critical infrastructure systems, EMCOR gives life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by its planning, installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and dynamic systems that create facility environments---such as electrical, mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and power generation systems---in virtually every sector of the economy and for a diverse range of businesses, organizations and government. EMCOR represents a rare combination of broad reach with local execution, combining the strength of an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 170 locations. The 26,000 skilled employees of EMCOR have made the company, in the eyes of leading business publications, amongst the "World's Most Admired" and "Best Managed". EMCOR's diversity---in terms of the services it provides, the industries it serves and the geography it spans---has enabled it to create a stable platform for sustained results. The Company's strong financial position has enabled it to attract and retain among the best local and regional talent, to undertake and complete the most ambitious projects, and to redefine and shape the future of the construction and facilities services industry. Additional information on EMCOR can be found at www.EMCORGroup.com.