Commitment to Safety & Zero Accident
|Year||Experience Modification Rate (EMR)|
|Most Recent Year||0.63|
Note that HPA was acquired by EMCOR Group, Inc. October 8, 2010 and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR. EMCOR's EMR is reported above for 2010 as HPA no longer has an individual EMR rating.
Harry Pepper & Associates, like all EMCOR operating companies, has made safety an integral part of its company culture. Accidents can have a profound impact on our employees and projects – so we carefully and strategically implement a range of accident-control measures, in addition to providing safety training on an ongoing basis. HPA complies with or exceeds all OSHA standards – and expects all subcontractors to follow our Safety Program requirements.
HPA Safety Commitment
- Strive to ensure the lowest adverse health, safety and environmental effects from activities under HPA’s control
- Develop and maintain best practices and standards of performance in all H&S areas
- Be accountable for H&S impacts on all business decisions
- Recognize and anticipate all H&S hazards associated with our business operations, transportation, use and disposal of our products and waste, assess their risk and act to prevent, eliminate or control them
- Conserve natural resources by through conservation, recovery, and recycling where feasible
- Provide all employees with the information and training they need to foster safe and environmentally responsible behavior
- Maintain a safety staff which consists of the Corporate H&S Director and Individual Site Safety Personnel which will implement the company’s policies and procedures
- Maintain technical expertise in all H&S matters that affect the Company
- Support local management to achieve H&S objectives at all HPA sites
Be There For Life!
We follow EMCOR’s Be There For Life! Zero Accident Program – the award-winning program to communicate specific zero-accident objectives to our employees both at work and at home through a variety of media.
Industry-leading safety performance
EMCOR companies have achieved safety performance that is 5-to-10 times greater than the national average. That’s why CNA Insurance Company and others have recognized us for our safety program design and performance.
Harry Pepper & Associates areas of expertise and certification: